Most of the time, “gold Jordans” refers to a style of Jordan shoes that has a gold colorway. Gold Jordans can look different and be harder to get depending on the model and the year they came out.
Jordan sneakers are some of the most famous and sought-after shoes in both sports and fashion, and Gold Jordans are among the most popular styles among sneaker fans. Adding gold accents or a gold colorway to any Jordan model, like the classic Air Jordan 1 or the sleek Air Jordan 11, can add a touch of luxury and style to any outfit. In this article, we’ll look at the history and meaning of Gold Jordans, as well as some of the most famous designs that have come out over the years.
The Rise of Gold Jordans
Gold has always been seen as a sign of wealth, power, and status, so it makes sense that people who want to make a statement with their shoes would like sneakers with this colour. In 1985, not long after Michael Jordan signed with Nike and started his legendary basketball career, the first pair of Gold Jordans came out. The “Metallic Gold” Air Jordan 1 High was one of the first Jordans to come in gold, and it quickly became a fan favourite among Jordan fans.
Over time, more and more Gold Jordans with different amounts of gold and colorways came out. Some were more subtle, with just a few gold details on a mostly neutral shoe, while others were bold and flashy, with a full gold upper and metallic details. As sneaker culture grew in popularity, so did the demand for Gold Jordans. Fans were willing to pay top dollar for the newest and best releases.
Drake spends $2 million on a pair of solid gold Jordans
Rapper Drake has spent more than $2 million on a pair of custom-made solid gold Jordan sneakers. It’s a mind-boggling amount of cash to splash on a pair of sneakers but with a net worth of $260 million, Drake can certainly afford it. The Canadian rapper actually teamed up with conceptual artist Matt Senna to create the shoes. Based on a pair of Air Jordan 10s, the shoes aren’t just gold-plated, they are made from actual 24-carat solid gold.
Precious Metal Air Jordan 11
Matt Senna, an artist and art director from Los Angeles, feels so connected to his sneakers that he turns them into works of art. And we’re not even talking about the fully wearable custom sneakers that have become popular in the past five years. Senna went a different way, making statues of some of Tinker Hatfield and Michael Jordan’s most famous designs by casting Air Jordan retros in one-of-a-kind metal.
Senna was inspired by his lifelong love of the Air Jordan 11 and how he reacted when he was a kid and saw the special edition slide-out box and the very different patent leather style on the silhouette.
See the Entire Gold Air Jordan Collection at a Hong Kong Exhibition
Gold Air Jordans are a popular subset of gold shoes, and they come in many different styles. Here are a few of the most famous gold Air Jordans:
1. Air Jordan 1 High OG “Metallic Gold”:
The upper of this shoe is made of gold patent leather, and the Swoosh, laces, and collar are all black. It came out in 2020 and became a fan favourite right way.
2. Air Jordan 6 “Golden Harvest”:
The upper of this shoe is wheat-colored, and the tongue, lace lock, and heel tab are all made of metallic gold. It came out in 2017 and is a less flashy version of the gold Jordan trend.
3. Air Jordan 11 “Gold Eyelet”:
This shoe came out in 2016 and has a black and gold colour scheme with metallic gold eyelets and a Jumpman logo. It was made especially for women, but sneaker-loving men have started to wear it too.
4. The upper of the Air Jordan 3 “Gold Top 3” shoe is a mix of metallic gold, black, and white, and the red Jumpman logo is on the tongue. It came out in 2018 and has a bold take on the design of the classic Air Jordan 3.
5. Air Jordan 7 “Golden Moments”:
This shoe came out in 2012 and is black and gold with metallic gold accents on the tongue and Jumpman logo. It came with a pair of white and gold Air Jordan 6s as part of a special pack.
These are just a few of the many different kinds of gold Air Jordans that are out there. Each design and colorway is different, so it’s easy to find a pair that fits your style and tastes.
- Gold Air Jordans can have a wide range of prices, depending on the style, size, and condition of the shoe. Here are some price ranges for the different kinds of gold Air Jordans I mentioned in my last answer.
- Air Jordan 1 High OG “Metallic Gold” retailed for $170 when it came out, but depending on size and condition, it can now be sold for $250 to $500 or more.
- Air Jordan 6 “Golden Harvest” retailed for $190 when it came out, but depending on size and condition, it can be sold for $250 to $350 or more.
- Air Jordan 11 “Gold Eyelet” retailed for $220 when it came out, but depending on size and condition, it can now be sold for $300 to $500 or more.
- Air Jordan 3 “Gold Top 3” retailed for $190 when it came out, but depending on size and condition, it can be sold for anywhere from $350 to $600 or more.
- Air Jordan 7 “Golden Moments”: The retail price for the set was $350 when it came out, but the shoes can be sold separately for $400 to $800 or more, depending on their size and condition.
Remember that these prices are just estimates that can change based on a number of factors. Also, prices can change over time, so it’s always a good idea to find out what they are before you buy something.
There are many sites that sell both new and used gold Air Jordans. Here are some popular websites you might want to look at:
- Nike: The official Nike website is a great place to find new releases and popular styles of Air Jordans, including gold ones. They have a good return policy and ship for free to Nike Members.
- StockX is a popular place to buy and sell sneakers online, including gold Air Jordans. They offer a wide range of shoes, have a clear pricing system, and protect both buyers and sellers.
- GOAT is another popular place to buy and sell sneakers online, including gold Air Jordans. They have a large selection of shoes and a number of ways to make sure the shoes are real.
- Stadium Goods is a well-known store that sells sneakers and street wear. They have a variety of gold Air Jordans for sale. They have a good return policy and offer free shipping on orders over $150.
- Flight Club is a well-known store that sells sneakers and street wear, and they have a number of gold Air Jordans for sale. They have a store in New York City, and orders over $150 are shipped for free.
These are just some of the many places online where you can buy gold Air Jordans. Make sure you look into the website and seller carefully to make sure you’re buying something safe and real.
In conclusion, gold shoes, especially gold Air Jordans, are a popular and stylish choice for people who like sneakers and people who like fashion. There are many different styles and designs of gold Air Jordans, so there is one for everyone. But keep in mind that prices for gold Air Jordans can vary a lot, and it’s always a good idea to learn as much as you can about a website and seller before making a purchase. Whether you’re a sneaker fanatic or just want to add a touch of luxury to your collection, a pair of gold Air Jordans is sure to make a statement and turn heads.