Document scanning & Digital storage
Want to go digital but still on the fence? Well, the digital transformation of docs can be the first step in your digital journey. Go paperless and leverage the outstanding benefits of document scanning to save costs and time, improve productivity, and amplify business growth.
Reasons to integrate document scanning into your business workflows:
- Better Way to Preserve Information: Managing piles of printed papers and registers of years is a challenging task. Paper documents are prone to physical deterioration. Also, things can’t be undone once reached in the wrong hands. On the other hand, scanned documents can be stored on disks and in the cloud. You can easily store data for years without a hitch.
- Robust Data Security: Add layers of security to keep highly confidential data absolutely safe. Consider uploading all the files to the cloud and using data encryption to ensure tight security. You can also use firewalls and passwords to further reinforce the security of your data.
- Less Clutter, More Space: Say goodbye to heaps of papers occupying huge spaces in your office. Also, clutter kills productivity. Switching to DMS allows
- Significant Time Savings: Sharing information with paper documents is a time-taking task. Using a web document scanner, you don’t even need to download any particular app on your laptop or mobile device. You can access it in a web browser and quickly scan documents. You can also capture critical information anytime on the go.
- Less Cost: Purchasing rims of paper, files, ink and other related items require a lot of money. Document scanning helps you make significant cost savings as you don’t have to invest much in these items.
- Better Staff Collaboration: If your workforce works from multiple locations, sharing information via printed paper can become time-taking. The scanned file can be shared via email, messaging apps, or cloud links. Hence, it improves staff collaboration.
- Improved Customer Service: Consider a situation where you are on a call with a client and looking for an important document among heaps of folders and registers. It will negatively impact customer service. Digital files can be easily searched by entering relevant keywords. Hence, you can cater to your customers better.
- Audit Compliance: Every industry has its own set of compliance rules and regulations. Auditing unorganized paper documents can be highly challenging. On the contrary, digital copies can be better managed and organized, making it easier to meet the requirements of even the most stringent of auditors.
- A Step Towards a Greener Planet: Document scanning helps you go paperless. Most businesses often overlook this aspect, but it’s an essential step towards a greener planet. Be a responsible business and choose to go digital.
Finding the Best Document Scanning solution for your business
Now that you are aware of the many benefits of digitally storing files, you might want to look for some good document management systems for your business. You can either look for an off-the-shelf solution or consider building your own. For businesses, the latter is the better option. Also, if you don’t have the time to build one from scratch, consider choosing a document-scanning SDK. It allows you to embed document scanning capability into a web, desktop or mobile app with a few lines of code. You can make customizations as per the specific needs of your business.
Let’s take a look at some parameters that will help you select a document-scanning SDK.
- Brilliant Speed: Speed is critical in business workflows. Make sure you invest in a document scanner SDK that can scan hundreds of documents in a single session. Leading ones can even scan up to tens of thousands of copies in one go.
- Easy Sharing and Saving: Saving and sharing scanned files should be an easy task. Hence, it becomes imperative that the solution you choose supports saving, uploading, and downloading documents as PDF, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, and BMP files.
- Good Editing Features: Top-performing document scanner software development kits offer basic editing features such as cropping, zooming, de-skewing, etc. Investing in such software will be a better option as you don’t have to access photo editing software to perform these functions.
- Impressive Security: Look for critical security features such as digital signature, password protection, and data encryption to ensure your data remains safe.
Whether you want to build a web document scanner or a scanning app for mobile devices, do not forget to consider the aforementioned features. Also, try online demos and free trials for a detailed analysis. Lastly, compare different options and choose the best one for your business.
Read more: How to troubleshoot Epson printer?