Drupal 10 was released this December 2022. And it has been an exciting and rewarding release. As you know, Drupal is a popular platform for building websites and e-commerce sites. In this guide, we will take you through all the changes that happened in Drupal 10 in detail.
What’s new in Drupal 10?
In Drupal 8, themes were in core, but they’re no longer here. Instead, you can use a new module named Starter Kit to build your theme. The Starterkit module includes Bootstrap 4 and Font Awesome libraries that you can use with your Starter Kit theme.
The main difference between the old way of building themes and this new approach is that now there’s an entire layer called “Starter Kit” above all other modules (like Views or Panels), so everything should work together seamlessly without any conflicts—or at least as smoothly as possible!
What’s been deprecated in Drupal 10?
Deprecated modules and themes are those that have been replaced with newer versions. To check whether your site is using deprecated modules, visit the following URLs:
- https://drupal.org/project/deprecated – A list of all deprecated modules and themes (both core as well as contrib).
- https://www.drupal.org/project/theme_manager – A list of all available theme packages on Drupal 8 (the latest stable release).
What do I need to do now?
Now that you’re ready to start using Drupal 10, the next step is to get your site ready for Drupal 10. To help with this process, we’ve prepared several guides:
- [Preparing Your Project](https://drupal.org/node/1364233)
- [Migrating from Drupal 8 to 9](https://drupal.org/node/1359006)
- [Migrating from a Different Platform](https://drupal.org/node/1435203)
Use this guide to prepare for Drupal 10!
You’ve been through the process of preparing for Drupal 9, and now it’s time to learn about the new features in Drupal 10. In this guide, we’ll cover:
- What are your goals? What do you want to accomplish with your site?
- How will you define success? Are there any KPIs (key performance indicators) that need measuring regularly or can be measured only once everything is working as expected? If so, how often should they be monitored and what information would make up those metrics?
- What kind of content do users expect on this site? Are there specific types of content types or categories that should be included in terms of content types offered by default on this site – such as image galleries – which might not fit well within other functionalities offered by Drupal such as blog posts and comments sections, etc.
There are many other new features in Drupal 10. Drupal is always continuously evolving CMS and every year there are new features for developers. Drupal is a truly continuously evolving CMS and as a leading drupal development company, LN Webworks Private Limited focuses on our client’s needs and provides the most reliable development solutions.
Also read: Best framework for business applications and why .NET is advantageous?
3 thoughts on “Drupal releases new Starterkit Theme in new update”